Wednesday, December 14, 2005

The Da Vinci Code

Just watched the Da Vinci code trailer.Looks pretty cool to me as a movie, tho' Browns of semiotic knowledge in the book ruined it for me. Maybe he should have enrolled at Bologna under Eco prior to writing the book. I did notice a strange combination of letters in the trailer, I'm rubbish at crosswords anagrams, maybe somebody else is better, could be a secret message...


T H S E C D E O

The only thing that I could get from it was 'The Decos' which makes me think of a ten part encryption...but hey maybe I'm looking too deeply...or maybe its because I have 'Applied Cryptology' by Bruce Scheiner on my desk. Under the Rose, weren't there two encryption wheels??? One within another, 5 + 5 = 10, and thus 'The Decos'. That's all I can think of.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How about "The Codes"? Wouldn't that then work for the 'code' that the curator uses to bring Langdon into the investigation & wouldn't that work for all the other various 'codes' in the book/film, whether it's in a piece of art or within the actual 'code-breaker' within the rose box? BTW, found your blog via some of your posts on the ezboard on DVC, I just became a member... I certainly hope the activity there picks up, site's currently quiet, but I'm enjoying the reading I'm doing there.

Kirkby Lonsdale said...

You are of course correct...see I told you I look too deeply ;)