Sunday, October 03, 2010

First they came…

1930's Germany...

"In Germany, they came first for the communists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a communist; and then they came for the trade unionists, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist; and then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew; and then...they came for me...and by that time there was no one left to speak up."

2010 United Kingdom...

In the United Kingdom, they came first for the communists' jobs, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a communist; and then they came for the trade unionists' jobs, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist; and then they came for the Jews' jobs, and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew; and then...they came for me...and offered me a job.

No comments: